used by Github
- free for Web apps if up to
- 50,000 map views / mo
- 50,000 geocode requests / mo
- 50,000 directions requests / mo
- 50,000 Matrix elements / mo
Mapbox Maps SDK[edit | edit source]
The Mapbox Maps SDK is based on the Mapbox GL renderer, which takes stylesheets that conform to the Mapbox Style Specification, applies them to vector tiles... Mapbox GL also powers the Mapbox Static API, which produces static map images on the server side for situations where interactivity is unnecessary or impractical... Features...
- 2011: Our data sources are Natural Earth, which provides a bright, clean, illustrative style of map, and NASA’s Blue Marble imagery... There are four Blue Marble tilesets — two with bathymetry data and two without.
- 2012: To create the terrain visualizations we are working with a ton of data from NASA (the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) and USGS (the National Elevation Dataset)... We’re aiming to release the first version of our terrain map within the next few weeks
- 2014: We are now using Intermap’s NEXTMap Digital Terrain Model for the majority of the U.S. and Western Europe, offering incredible 5 meter resolution and 1–3 meter vertical accuracy.
- 2016: we use our declouded satellite imagery to improve land cover designations worldwide. With a clear view of the ground and the 11 bands that Landsat 8 has to work with, we’re able to identify unique land cover classes ranging from slight vegetation changes to more dramatic differences between the built and natural environments. An increased resolution of up to 10x... a resolution improvement of 300 meters to 30 meters in certain places... SRTM 30m Global
- 2018: user:waiter did not find bathymetry.